This tastes just like a delicious creamy loaded baked potato. Be sure to not rice the cauliflower too finely for this recipe. I find that a bit of texture adds to its comparability to a baked potato. At only 4-5 g net carbs, this is an excellent side dish to a steak or salmon. This recipe helps to meet the complicated needs of my family. It’s keto, naturally gluten-free, and I can easily prepare some without bacon for my vegetarian child! Enjoy!
Macros Per Serving (recipe makes 4 servings)
- 6 g total carbs
- 2 g fiber
- 28 g fat
- 12 g protein
- 326 calories
- 1 small head cauliflower, riced
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- pink Himalayan sea salt to taste
- 2 tsp finely dices chives
- 3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- In an ungreased, non-stick saute pan, on medium heat, saute cauliflower for 5 -10 minutes to dry it out, stirring frequently.
- Add butter and cream cheese, stirring constantly until melted and well incorporated.
- Turn off the heat. Add sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Mix together.
- Place cauliflower in a greased glass baking dish (6 x 6).
- Sprinkle chives on top of cauliflower.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Sprinkle bacon on top.
- Bake uncovered for at least 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted to your own preference.