Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
4 g Net Carbs per serving – 6 servings
8 g Total Carbs
4 g Fiber
30 g Fat
12 g Protein
1 large head cauliflower
8 oz heavy cream
4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
4 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
2 oz cream cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 ¼ teaspoon paprika
A Note About Shredded Cheese: It is best to take the time to shred or grate cheese on your own, rather than purchasing pre-shredded cheeses. Anything that is packaged for our convenience has to be preserved somehow. When it comes to cheeses, they are preserved by anti-caking agents, such as potato starch and cellulose fiber, which are high in carbs. They can also contain wheat, which can have harmful effects on people with gluten sensitivities.
1. Preheat oven to 375 and coat an 8 by 8 baking dish with butter or oil.
2. Cut cauliflower into small pieces.
3. Do NOT add water. Heat the cauliflower in microwave for 4-5 minutes.
4. Drain any excess water from the cauliflower with a paper towel or cheese cloth and set aside.
5. In a small pot over medium heat, combine heavy cream, cheeses, and seasonings, stirring well until smooth.
6. Add cauliflower to cheese mixture and toss to coat.
7. Pour into baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until top is brown and bubbly.