As a busy wife and mother, I appreciate a good crock pot recipe. Crock pot cooking is low-maintenance cooking, and it helps make meal prepping a breeze. This recipe should last for one week for one person. It is also perfect for throwing together a family meal before church or work and returning home to its heavenly aroma. At 2 grams net carbs, one ox tail can sit perfectly on a bed of riced cauliflower, beside some collard greens, with some cornless cornbread! The creamy broth has a comforting texture and rich flavor!
- 3.75 pounds ox tails
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- A sprinkle of cayenne
- 2 cups beef broth
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Rinse ox tails and place them in the crock pot.
- Sprinkle all seasonings evenly across the top of the ox tails.
- Pour the beef broth into the crock pot.
- Cut the cream cheese into 1-inch cubes and place in the crock pot. The cream cheese will melt during the cooking.
- Set the crock pot to low. Cooking time will vary, but it took 6 hours for my ox tails to be fall-off-the-bone ready.
- Before serving, remove the ox tails from the crock pot, leaving the broth and cream cheese behind. Use a hand blender to quickly blend the cream cheese and other seasonings into the broth. Return the ox tails to the crock pot. ENJOY!!